The Private Pilot Certificate is the basic flight license a pilot needs to fly an aircraft at airports with an operating control tower. Our flight school is located at the Conroe North Houston Regional Airport which has an operating control tower that provides separation of aircraft entering and exiting the airspace and ground space of the airport. A Private Pilot Certificate will allow you to fly on days where clouds and visibility are greater than FAA Visual Flight Rules (VFR) weather plus your own personal minimums.
Whether you have decided to fly for fun or business, or are considering a career as Professional Pilot, the Private Pilot Certificate is the place to start!
To earn your Private Pilot Certificate you must follow the following steps:
- Obtain a Student Pilot Medical Exam and Certificate from a local FAA Designated Medical Examiner (select AME and LOCATION SEARCH)
- Take a Private Pilot Ground Course through home based or classroom training course (Call 936-960-1717 or visit us today to purchase!)
- Gain the minimum Flight Hours required by FAA Regulations (FAR 61 Subpart E)*
- Take and pass the Private Pilot Ground Exam (requires Instructor sign off to take exam)
- Take and pass the Private Pilot Practical (flight) Exam (requires Instructor sign off to take exam)
*Flight training is completed to proficiency, not to minimums. Your total cost may vary.